String Formatting [3 Attachments]

FitNesse mailing list
Hello,
I have a Query table that should return the entries in a log file. I am specifically looking for the message "GetValues for attribute failed"
This is what my table looks like

1) Why do I see this question mark in the string?

2) Why am I getting red missing and surplus results?

I'm fairly new to Fitnesse  so any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks

Rashaad

Re: String Formatting

FitNesse mailing list
In a "standard" table (starts witha a pipe [ | ]), every camelcase word is seen as a wiki page link, and will apply HTML to allow you to create that page.  You must have come across this because your column headers are escaped with !- -! markup.

 |This is a standard table|

 When escaping becomes cumbersome, it's best to use a "literal table" (starts with a bang-pipe [ !| ]) that prevents all camelcase sensitivity:

 !|This is a literal table|

 Literal tables cannot use any text formatting such as bold, italic, etc. because all text is seen exactly for what it is.  Also, no !- -! escaping is needed or allowed.

 Here's a doc link:
http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.FullReferenceGuide.UserGuide.FitNesseWiki.MarkupLanguageReference.MarkupTable http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.FullReferenceGuide.UserGuide.FitNesseWiki.MarkupLanguageReference.MarkupTable

 I recommend reading the entire documentation base (excluding Fit stuff) for a full understanding of FitNesse features.  It's well worth the time to RTFM.

 Keep it Slim,
 Andy

Re: String Formatting

FitNesse mailing list
😂😂😂 thanks for responding Andy.  I'm modifying the tests for someone else and am somewhat in a rush. But I'll use the weekend to read. 😜

Sent from my iPhone