Fitnesse server error when using new jar

Fitnesse server error when using new jar

FitNesse mailing list
Hi All,

 I ma getting fitnesse server error while replacing new fitnesse jar in my project, any idea on this?

 SEVERE: Error while starting the FitNesse [Unable to look up component for type
 'RecentChanges' with classname 'fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsController']
 fitnesse.components.ComponentInstantiationException: Unable to look up component
  for type 'RecentChanges' with classname 'fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsContro
 ller'
         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
 .java:47)
         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
 .java:80)
         at fitnesse.ContextConfigurator.makeFitNesseContext(ContextConfigurator.
 java:106)
         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.launchFitNesse(FitNesseMain.java:66)
         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.launchFitNesse(FitNesseMain.java:55)
         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.main(FitNesseMain.java:35)
 Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsCon
 troller
         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
 .java:43)

         ... 5 more

 Thanks,
 AA

Re: Fitnesse server error when using new jar

FitNesse mailing list
I have resolved by myself so please ignore this. Thanks,
 AA

Re: Fitnesse server error when using new jar

FitNesse mailing list

In order to slim down the core FitNesse distribution, the Git version controller has been moved to a separate module.

The source repo will explain where to find the dependency.

Binaries are located in Maven Central. You can add it to your build tool (Maven or Gradle) if you start FitNesse that way, or
get the -all.jar and add it to your plugins folder.

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3A%22fitnesse-git-plugin%22

Regards,

Arjan

> On 13 Jun 2016, at 02:56, [hidden email] [fitnesse] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi All,
>

> I ma getting fitnesse server error while replacing new fitnesse jar in my project, any idea on this?
>

> SEVERE: Error while starting the FitNesse [Unable to look up component for type
>
> 'RecentChanges' with classname 'fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsController']
>
> fitnesse.components.ComponentInstantiationException: Unable to look up component
>
>  for type 'RecentChanges' with classname 'fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsContro
>
> ller'
>
>         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
>
> .java:47)
>
>         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
>
> .java:80)
>
>         at fitnesse.ContextConfigurator.makeFitNesseContext(ContextConfigurator.
>
> java:106)
>
>         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.launchFitNesse(FitNesseMain.java:66)
>
>         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.launchFitNesse(FitNesseMain.java:55)
>
>         at fitnesseMain.FitNesseMain.main(FitNesseMain.java:35)
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fitnesse.wiki.fs.GitFileVersionsCon
>
> troller
>
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
>         at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>
>         at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>
>         at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
>
>         at fitnesse.components.ComponentFactory.createComponent(ComponentFactory
>
> .java:43)
>

>         ... 5 more
>

> Thanks,
>
> AA

Re: Fitnesse server error when using new jar

FitNesse mailing list
Hi AA,

The git file version controller is not part of the standard build anymore. It is a plugin now:
http://fitnesse.org/PlugIns
Add it as a separate jar to the class path.

Kind Regards
Six42