Fitnesse Out of Memory PermGen Space after adding XX:MaxPermSize argument

Fitnesse Out of Memory PermGen Space after adding XX:MaxPermSize argument

FitNesse mailing list
Hi,

I am executing a test in fitnesse and getting the following exception:

__EXCEPTION__:java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
[rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]

While i try to load the class there are around 1400 classes in the jar. The
issue must be due to the large number. When I run the same code in eclipse
via my test file the executions completes successfully.

I am using the following command to start fitnesse:

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -jar
fitnesse-standalone.jar -p %FITNESSE_PORT% -d %FITNESSE_DIR% -r
%FITNESSE_ROOT% -l %FITNESSE_LOG_DIR%

I have been working with fitnesse dedicatedly for 10 months now and have
never come accross this issue.

Thanks
Jhankar

Re: Fitnesse Out of Memory PermGen Space after adding XX:MaxPermSize argument

FitNesse mailing list

 Things to try:
 Try setting the -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m, or match the Eclipse setting in eclipse.ini.
 Check for continuous class loading in your code. Check if your default system JVM 7 is 64-bit instead of 32-bit. Find out which version of the JDK Eclipse is using. Try upgrading your system JDK from 7u71 to 7u80. Keep it Slim,
 Andy

Re: Fitnesse Out of Memory PermGen Space after adding XX:MaxPermSize argument

FitNesse mailing list
Hi,,

1. Remote debug from eclipse doesn't work either. So checking eclipse.ini
doesn't seem like a solution.

rest pointers, could you please share deatils as to how I can proceed with
those steps.