Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum

Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum

dsh12366
Hi All,

I'm just getting started with fitnesse and I'm getting the error
message "Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum" while running a
simple test. I had this running fine when I had everything set up on
my windows PC but I need move the installation to a Unix box where
others can access it. I've tried a dozen variations on setting up the
path and at this point I don't know if that's the problem or if it
just can't read the jar file or something else. I'm using verson
20050731 due to the fact that I'm testing Java 1.4. The Wiki page and
fixture code are below. If anyone has any ideas what my problem might
be I would greatly appreciate the help.

!path "/local/web/fitnesse/progsweb/fitnesse/stevetests.jar"

This page is just for experimenting with FitNesse.

|!-steve.ChangeCheckNum-!|
|Number|!-NumSet?-!|
|2|4|
|3|5|
|6|9|
----
Back to FrontPage

package steve;
import fit.ColumnFixture;

public class ChangeCheckNum extends ColumnFixture
{
 public int Number;
 private AddNumber Num;

 public int NumSet()
 {
 Num = StaticNumber.getInstance();
 Num.setNum(Number);
 return Num.getNum();
 }
}

Re: Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum

Dean Wampler-3
Try removing the quotes from the !path definition. Just a hunch...

dean

On Jul 3, 2008, at 8:53 AM, dsh12366 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm just getting started with fitnesse and I'm getting the error
> message "Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum" while running a
> simple test. I had this running fine when I had everything set up on
> my windows PC but I need move the installation to a Unix box where
> others can access it. I've tried a dozen variations on setting up the
> path and at this point I don't know if that's the problem or if it
> just can't read the jar file or something else. I'm using verson
> 20050731 due to the fact that I'm testing Java 1.4. The Wiki page and
> fixture code are below. If anyone has any ideas what my problem might
> be I would greatly appreciate the help.
>
> !path "/local/web/fitnesse/progsweb/fitnesse/stevetests.jar"
>
> This page is just for experimenting with FitNesse.
>
> |!-steve.ChangeCheckNum-!|
> |Number|!-NumSet?-!|
> |2|4|
> |3|5|
> |6|9|
> ----
> Back to FrontPage
>
> package steve;
> import fit.ColumnFixture;
>
> public class ChangeCheckNum extends ColumnFixture
> {
> public int Number;
> private AddNumber Num;
>
> public int NumSet()
> {
> Num = StaticNumber.getInstance();
> Num.setNum(Number);
> return Num.getNum();
> }
> }

Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
http://www.objectmentor.com
312-339-1330 (cell)
deanwampler (Y!, gmail, AIM IM)
See also:
http://www.aspectprogramming.com  AOP advocacy site
http://aquarium.rubyforge.org     AOP for Ruby
http://www.contract4j.org         Design by Contract for Java5

RE: Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum

andrew.dassing
A few ideas follow.

From a shell session, navigate to where the .jar file resides and check
its access rights to insure everyone has read access.

From a shell session, run a "jar -t" on the .jar file to verify its
contents.

From a shell session, navigate to where run.sh resides and issue "java
-version" to verify the correct Java version is found.

Modify run.sh to enable FitNesse logging ( -l logFilePath ) and check
the logs for failures after you run the wiki test.  Additionally,
redirect the output of the Java FitNesse startup within run.sh to a file
for verification as well.

Be sure you are starting FitNesse (run.sh) from from the directory that
contains run.sh.  Alternatively, explicitly specify the the FitNesse
root and folder name in run.sh.

Be sure only one instance of FitNesse is running on any given port, and
that FitNesse is the only listener on that port.  In other words,
specify some odd port number in run.sh such as -p 8142

Be sure your URL to access the Unix server is correct and includes the
proper port number.

Stay Fit,
Andy

Re: Could not find fixture: steve.ChangeCheckNum

dsh12366
That did it. Thanks.

dean@objectmentor. com
dean@deanwampler. com