Connectivity Error

Jacob Ashai
Hi,

I have been using FitNesse for a while now and love the tool.  I have been
running into connectivity error since yesterday.  Whenever I run a test and
get following error message.  Even for tests that worked fine.  Any
suggestions?

*Standard Error:*

 Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
        at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:150)
        at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:146)
        at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:54)
        at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)

------------------------------

*Internal Exception:*

 FitClient: external process terminated before a connection could be
established.

Thanks

Jacob Ashai.

Re: Connectivity Error

gmail
The last error message could result from a premature System.exit(0) on the system under test. Can you check whether this is the case?

Best Markus

--
Dipl.-Inform. Markus Gärtner
Author of ATDD by Example - A Practical Guide to Acceptance

On 12.02.2013, at 17:57, Jacob Ashai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using FitNesse for a while now and love the tool.  I have been running into connectivity error since yesterday.  Whenever I run a test and get following error message.  Even for tests that worked fine.  Any suggestions?
>
> Standard Error:
>  Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
> at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:150)
> at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:146)
> at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:54)
> at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)
>

> Internal Exception:
>  FitClient: external process terminated before a connection could be established.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jacob Ashai.

Re: Connectivity Error

Satindra

I am trying to RUN a TEST using Fitnesse however getting  CONNECTIVITY error as below.
Please provide the valuable steps to help in rectifying the same, pls.

===================
<stdErr>Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method) at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source) at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source) at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:150) at fit.FitServer.establishConnection(FitServer.java:146) at fit.FitServer.run(FitServer.java:54) at fit.FitServer.main(FitServer.java:41)</stdErr>
===================

Re: Connectivity Error

raghu.bv7

First guess for connection timed out would be proxy settings or NTLM authentication.

Kindly make sure you have NTLM authentication defined in your SuiteSetUp page.

Thanks
Raghu

On May 3, 2016 1:58 PM, "Satindra [via FitNesse]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

NAML

Re: Connectivity Error

Satindra
I am really not sure how can I have NTLM authentication defined in the fitnesse test page.............
Just to set a background, Fitnesse is installed on my laptop, and previously when I had windows 8, I was able to create tests, execute them without any issues. However, when I tried installing and running tests in Windows 7 then it's not working giving below issue. It will really nice if you confirm me the STEPS TO FOLLOW INORDER TO GET RID OF THIS ISSUE, pls.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<testResults>

<FitNesseVersion>v20151230</FitNesseVersion>

<rootPath>Frontpage.scalculator</rootPath>

-<executionLog>

<testSystem>fit:fit.FitServer</testSystem>

<command>java -cp fitnesse-standalone.jar;C:\Users\hp\Downloads\FitNesseRoot\UserFixtures;C:/Users/hp/Downloads/fitnesse-standalone.jar fit.FitServer hp-PC 61203 3863</command>

<exitCode>1</exitCode>

<stdOut/>

[...]

<exception>FitClient: external process terminated before a connection could be established.</exception>

<exception>FitClient: external process terminated before a connection could be established.</exception>

</executionLog>

-<finalCounts>

<right>0</right>

<wrong>0</wrong>

<ignores>0</ignores>

<exceptions>1</exceptions>

</finalCounts>

<totalRunTimeInMillis>21641</totalRunTimeInMillis>

</testResults>